Friday, October 17, 2014

Frozen minced garlic

Frozen minced garlic

 I am a garlic lover. Not only for the flavor it gives food, but also the amazing benefits for our body!  I have found out that it is easier for me to use garlic, since I have been using it a lot of garlic in my cooking, especially when I don't have time to peel the garlic and mince it to use in my recipes.
This way, it's always ready to add to your cooking. I'm happy that I always have minced garlic ready for me! You can use a fresh head of garlic from the store, or to make it even easier, you can buy already peeled garlic in a jar. I hope this helps you while you are working and your busy schedules to make life easier and still get the benefit from garlic for your body. This winter, get some benefits from the garlic, that kills cold and flu viruses!


You need:              

5 heads of fresh garlic or 35 cloves of peeled garlic
Garlic press or food processor
Sandwhich zip lock bag
A cup and A knife

* Here is how I peel garlic: Break the cloves down from the garlic head and press the garlic with the knife laid flat. Then the garlic skin will easily come off.






And wash the peeled garlic. Trim the ends of the garlic with paring knife.



Place the plastic bag in a cup and fold the top over the lip of the cup, Mince garlic with the garlic press into plastic bag in the cup or food processor the garlic and scoop them into the plastic bag.


Pressed minced garlic with your hand in the bag thin flat like the picture below and freeze it.


But if you don't have a garlic press or food processor you can use your hand.
Press peeled garlic with knife, same as peeling garlic skin to mash flat and then chop it.





 You don't need to thaw the garlic when you use it. Just brake a piece of the chunk of garlic from the frozen bag and add to your cooking!




* 1 sandwich bag of minced garlic (30-35 garlic cloves) makes around 5 1/2 tablespoons.
   2 cloves mined garlic makes 1 teaspoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment